SERIES: Come to the Feast!
TITLE: Fill Up On Joy
TEXT: Luke 1: 5-14
I. FILLING IN THE BACKGROUND
Turn to Malachi 3:1 (p.802)
1. Righteousness seems to go (un-regarded).
2. Sometimes we feel our best (is behind us).
3. Sometimes prayers seem to go (unanswered)
II. FEELING JOY
1. We can fill up on joy when God’s (presence) is (revealed). “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Ps.16:11
2. We can fill up on joy when God’s (comfort) is (experienced).
3. We can fill up on joy when God’s (provision) is (detailed).
1) Zechariah means “God remembers”
2) Elizabeth means “God keeps His promises.”
4. We can fill up on joy when God’s (grace) is (embraced).
John means “God is gracious.”
NEXT: Series: Come to the Feast!
Sermon: Fill Up on Love- Matthew 1: 18-25