2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: The Servant King
TITLE: Some Gave All
Scripture: Mark 12: 1-22, 28-34, 41-44
I. THE CORNERSTONE
What does this all mean?
1. The landowner represents (God).
2. The vineyard represents (Israel).
3. The vine-growers represent the (Jewish leaders).
4. The journey represents the whole of (OT history).
5. The slaves represent the (prophets)
6. The son represents (Jesus).
Lesson: Jesus has both the authority to forgive and punish.
II. THE CREED
What is the creed?
1. Love God (Supremely).
2. Love others (Genuinely).
Lesson: Jesus puts our focus right where it needs to be.
III. THE COIN
Lesson: Comfortable giving honors no one even if the amount is large: sacrificial giving honors Christ even if it is small.
Next Week: Words for the Wise- Mark 13