2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
Series: Seven Cancers
TITLE: The “Respectable” Cancer
Scripture: John 6: 1-16, 26-35
I. WHAT IS OUR VIEW?
We must first acknowledge that gluttony is (idolatry).
Why is gluttony so bad?
1. We idolize food by giving it (too much importance).
2. We idolize food by treating it as (an end in itself).
3. We idolize food when we become slaves (of our appetite).
II. WHAT IS THE BIBLE’S VIEW?
What does the Bible say?
1) Overindulgence is (deadly). Pr. 23: 19-20
2) Jesus can free us from the (bondage and chains) of gluttony. Jn. 6:35,51
Next Week: The “Hidden” Cancer- I John 2: 15-17