2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
Series: Truth Decay
TITLE: Eternity is Still Eternity
Scripture: Mt. 7:24-27
“There is one serious defect to my mind in Christ’s moral character, and that is that He believed in hell.” Russell
I. ETERNITY-THE UNDESIRED REALITY
How the NT describes hell:
· A fiery lake of burning sulfur (Rev.21:8)
· Everlasting destruction (2 Thess. 1:9)
· Banishment from the presence of the Lord (2 Thess. 1:9)
· The punishment of eternal fire (Jude 7)
· A lake of fire (Rev.20: 13-15)
· The wine of God’s wrath; torment with fire and sulfur (Rev.14: 9-10)
How did Jesus describe hell?
1. Eternal punishment (Mt. 25: 46)
2. A blazing furnace where “there will weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Mt. 13:50)
3. A place where the fire never goes out (Mk. 9: 43)
4. A place where the worm does not die and the fire is not quenched (Mk. 9:48)
5. Outer darkness (Mt. 8: 12 and others)
II. ETERNITY-THE DESIRED DESTINY
Truth #1: At death, every person’s soul enters immediately and consciously into an (eternal existence).
Truth #2- That destination (cannot be changed).
Truth #3- Every person will one day be (resurrected) and live (forever) in a changed and indestructible body.
Next Week: Series: Snapshots
Title: A Picture of Forgiveness- Philemon