2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Q & A
TITLE: What about Searing Loss?
Scripture: Job 1:20-22; 2:9-10
I. THE TRUTH OF JOB
“God whispers to us in our pleasure, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain; it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” C.S Lewis
What can we learn from Job’s experience?
1. There is no way to prepare for (trials).
2. Job is not a book about suffering-it’s a story of (triumphant faith) amid suffering.
3. God does not exist to make us (healthy and happy). He exists to (glorify His name).
Turn to James 1:2-4. Lesson to learn: Your trial can become your friend when it drives you closer to God.
II. FOUR TRUTHS TO CLING TO
“God is too good to be unkind and He is too wise to be mistaken. And when we cannot trace His hand, we must trust His heart.”
Four truths in the midst of a storm (from Pastor Greg Laurie)
1) #1- Life is full of trouble, just as (Jesus promised). John 16:33
2) #2- They knew (God loved them).
3) #3- They knew Jesus (wept with them).
4) #4- They knew God can be glorified, in some mysterious way, by (human suffering).
“The life of faith is not what you purchase or produce. Faith consists in knowing your heavenly Father is at work for His glory and for your good, to mold you into the image of His Son.” (From “What If…?” by Chuck Swindoll- p.40)
Next Week: Series: “Q & A”
What about Troublemakers? 3 John 9-10; Romans 16:17-20