TITLE: Perfect Timing
Scripture: Genesis 46-50
I. THE REUNION WITH HIS FAMILY
The extravagance of Pharaoh and the Egyptians
I see several good happenings:
1) Joseph has (truly forgiven) his brothers.
2) Joseph has totally wiped out the (favorite) tag.
3) Joseph never lost (his love) for his father.
II. THE REASSURANCE TO HIS BROTHERS
Joseph is going to face some major challenges:
1. The heartbreak of (losing his father).
In this exchange Jacob has Joseph put his hand under his thigh. That was an (oath-taking) process.
2. Joseph is overcome with emotion: he calls for the Egyptian embalmers. The process takes (40) days.
3. Joseph was overcome with emotion; his brothers are overcome with (fear).
Joseph was led by grace. If you have not forgiven someone, it is time. If you have received someone’s forgiveness, it is time. If you have been the recipient of God’s forgiveness, now is the time to truly believe it.
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Postcards
Title: Pastor Ryan East preaching