2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Q & A
TITLE: What about Stones?
Scripture: Eph. 4: 25-32
“Though boys throw stones at frogs for sport, the frogs do not die in sport, but in earnest.” Bion (a Greek philosopher)
I. ANCIENT STORIES
Story #1- 2 Samuel 16: 5-14
Story #2- 2 Kings 2
II. CONTEMPORARY LESSONS
What does Paul tell us?
1. He tells us (to speak the truth). (v.25)
2. He tells us (to resolve anger). (vv.26-27)
3. He tells us (to work hard). (v.28)
4. He tells us (to speak constructively). (v.29)
He continues with a list to be tossed in the trash:
1) (Bitterness)- Gk. word for long-standing resentment, brooding over past offenses, harboring grudges, and rehearsing insults.
2) (Wrath)- wild rage, the passion of the moment.
3) (Anger)- Internal smoldering (opposite of wrath)
4) (Clamor)- shout and outcry of strife and public outburst.
5) (Slander)- ongoing defamation of a person’s character.
6) (Malice)- Wickedness or depravity.
How important is our speech? Check out Luke 6:45
The answer is in verse 32:
1. We are to (be kind).
2. We are to (be tenderhearted).
3. We are to (be forgiving).
Next Week: Series: “Q & A”
What about Words? Pr. 18:12; James 3:1-12