TITLE: All In
Text: Romans 12: 1-2
I. THE CALL FOR “ALL IN”
The call is a clarion call for us. “Do not be conformed…but be transformed.”
I don’t think it is a matter of (me having more of God). It is a matter of (God having more of me). It is called (surrender).
Webster= “Total commitment is the alignment of one’s motives, resources, priorities, and goals to fulfill a specific mission, accomplish a specific task or follow a specific person.”
Total commitment means (absolute surrender).
II. THE LIFE OF “ALL IN”
God doesn’t want us to follow on our terms. Here’s why we can’t:
1) Because God wants what’s (best for you/me).
2) Your life either bring (glory or disgrace) to the name of Christ.
Two key words in this verse (Verse 2)
1. (Conform)- refers to an outward expression that does not reflect what is within.
2. (Transform)- Greek word is where we get metamorphosis from
What is supposed to change?
1) Our (mind) changes. Colossians 1:28; 3:10, 16
2) Our (will) is given to God.
NEXT WEEK: THEME: Uncharted
TITLE: The Real You- Romans 12:3-8