SERIES: Got Wisdom?
TITLE: Follow What Road?
Text: Proverbs 1:8-30
I. WISDOM’S OFFER
Such strange language in the verses 8-9:
1. Listen to your father and mother’s teaching.
2. What is a graceful garland? Some translations use (chains). A garland was a (victor’s crown) and the pendant was like a (medal).
What are some of the medals and garlands we can wear?
1) “Put on the Lord Jesus Christ.” Rom.13:14
2) “Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.” Phil.4:5
3) “So whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God…just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of man, that they might be saved.” I Cor.10:31,33
II. WISDOM’S CHOICES
What kind of choices does wisdom offer us?
1. Don’t join in the (sin of others). Verses 10-13
2. Don’t get involved in (evil schemes). Verses 14-16
3. Don’t (seek vengeance). Verses 17-19
4. Don’t turn away from (wisdom). Verses 20-22
5. Do accept wisdom’s offer of (security). Verse 33.
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Uncharted Series: Got Wisdom?
Title: Walking Partner
Scripture: Proverbs 2:1-4:19