SERIES: Last Words
TITLE: Losing My Mind
Scripture: Romans 8: 1-11
I. WHERE WE STAND
In 7:25 Paul tells us that the only thing which will set us free is the (atoning work of Jesus Christ).
Romans 8:1 tells us we are free. How is that a benefit?
1. We are (eternally) free.
2. We are (internally) free. [Verse 2]
3. We are (positionally perfect). [Verses 3-4]
II. WHAT WE CHOOSE
Two kinds of lives that will manifest themselves:
1. Life according to the flesh. [5a,6a, 7-8]
1) They have a fleshly (mindset).
2) They have a deadly (future).
3) They are hostile (toward God).
4) They have an inability to (please God).
2. Life according to the Spirit. [5b, 6b, 9-11]
1) It has a (spiritual orientation).
2) It has a (peaceful existence).
3) It is empowered by (the Spirit).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: A Lifeboat
Title: Being in Your Right Mind- Romans 8:12-17