TITLE: Cooperation without Compromise
Scripture: Daniel 1
I. THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPROMISE
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) was king of Babylon- now (Iran). He would eventually take down Jerusalem. Known as “the time of the Gentiles” because first Gentile king to dominate city of (Jerusalem).
The opportunity? (eat the king’s food) and (drink the king’s drink). The end result was (total indoctrination) in the Babylonian lifestyle.
II. THE ALTERNATIVE TO COMPROMISE
3 possibilities to this dilemma:
1. (Absorption). (Acceptance) and (absorbed).
2. (Withdrawal) Psalm 137:1-4
3. Cooperation without (compromise). Jeremiah 29:4-7
What factors contributed to Daniel and other three’s choices.
1) (Inner convictions). (v.8a)
2) (Wise Approach). (vv.8b-10)
3) (Divine Assistance). (v.9, 15-16)
4) (Unique Distinctions). (9vv.18-21)
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Heroes
Title: We Won’t Bow Down- Daniel 2