TITLE: To the Faithful Church
Scripture: Revelation 3:7-13
Blanket statement: There is no (perfect church).
I. THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CORRESPONDENT
How He is described:
1. The (holy One). To say this is to say He is (absolutely flawless) and (unblemished).
2. The (true One). Top say this is to say He is (genuine), credible, dependable, (and real).
3. The (key of David). To say this is to speak to His (absolute authority). “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we can be saved.” Acts 4:12
II. THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CHURCH
Four qualities of a faithful church:
1. You have but (little power).
2. You have kept (my word).
3. You have not (denied my name).
4. You have (patient endurance).
They had unprecedented opportunities:
1) Jesus would humble (their enemies).
2) Jesus would keep them from (maximum affliction).
3) Jesus would make them (strong and secure). “And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land…They will fight against you but not prevail against you.” Jer.1:18-19
4) Jesus would give them a (new identity).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Postcards
Title: To the Lukewarm Church- Rev.3: 14-22