2020 THEME: TRUTH
TITLE: Worth the Wait
Scripture: 2 Cor. 5:1-10
I. THE UGLINESS OF HELL
Some contemporary views of hell:
1) (Deny the existence) of hell.
What does the Bible say about hell?
1. Hell is a place of (punishment after judgment). Mt.25:31-46
2. Hell is described in imagery of (fire and darkness). Mt.13:30, 40-43. The hell Jesus describes is not a (hell-on-earth) that accompanies bad decisions during this life, nor is it the (never-ending party) that some seem to think it will be.
3. Hell is a place of (annihilation or never-ending judgment).
4. Hell is a place of (eternal separation) from God.
II. THE BEAUTY OF HEAVEN
What are some thoughts we can glean from the Scriptures about heaven?
1. Heaven is (where God lives). Is.57:15; Ps.103:9; Ps.2: 3-5
2. Heaven is the home of (departed saints).
3. Heaven is the home of (reunion)
“For the Christian, heaven is where Jesus is. We do not need to speculate on what heaven will be like. It is enough to know that we will be forever with Him.” Barclay
Next week: Theme: Truth/ Series: Supremacy
Title: Celebrate! Colossians 1:1-8