2020 THEME: TRUTH
TITLE: Above All
Scripture: Colossians 1:15-19
I. SUPREME IN RELATION TO GOD
The Bible is supremely a book about Jesus.
1. The OT records the (preparation) for His coming.
2. The gospels present Him as (God in human flesh).
3. Acts shows us the spread of the message of (salvation).
4. The epistles give us our (theology) and show Christ in (His Body), the church.
5. Revelation presents Christ (triumphant).
Heresy definition: a bad idea about Jesus.
Paul’s powerful descriptions of Jesus:
1. The image of the invisible God.
2. The firstborn of all creation.
II. SUPREME IN RELATION TO CREATION
How is He supreme?
1. He is the (Creator).
2. He was (before all things).
3. He holds (all things together).
III. SUPREME IN RELATION TO THE CHURCH
The church is a (Body), and Christ is the Head of that Body. The church is not a (business); it is a (living organism) and it is inseparably tied together by the (living Christ). He controls (every part) of it and gives it (life and direction). As members of that Body, we are (totally dependent) upon the Head.
Jesus is what no one else can say: the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, the preeminent one. He is the source. He is the highest in rank. He is the first in everything.
Next week: Theme: Truth/ Series: Supremacy
Title: Why We Do What We Do- Colossians 1: 19-29