2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Promises, Promises
TITLE: Peace for a Worried World
Scripture: John 14:27; Matthew 6:25-34
I. THE ENEMY OF PEACE
Job 5:7- “But man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward.”
Statistics to consider:
1 billion have died in wars. 60 million die/ year. 15 million from heart disease. 10 million from cancer. 15k children die each day. 4k by accidents on the highway. 15 million 1918 Spanish flu. 75 million from Black Death Plague (Source: John MacArthur sermon)
“Worry is an old man with bended head, carrying a load of feathers which he thinks are lead.” Corrie Ten Boom
II. THE ENJOYMENT OF PEACE
John 14:27 teaches us:
1. Who the (source) of peace is.
2. His peace is in (contrast) to what the world offers.
3. The pursuit of peace is a (vain one).
What does Matthew 6 tell us about worry?
1) Worry keeps us from enjoying (what we have).
2) Worry makes us (forget our worth).
3) Worry is completely (useless).
4) Worry replaces (God’s promises) with (man’s solutions).
How do we defeat worry?
1. Don’t dwell on (tomorrow’s stress).
2. Don’t dwell on (yesterday’s mess).
3. Give up (ownership).
Next Week: Theme: Truth! Series: Promises, Promises
Title: Pastor Ryan East is preaching