2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Promises, Promises
TITLE: Satisfaction for an Empty Soul
Scripture: John 4
“It is impossible to overemphasize the immense need humans have to be really listened to, to be taken seriously, to be understood.” Dr. Paul Tournier
I. THE OUT OF THE ORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
1. We see what precludes Jesus leaving the area. [1-2]
2. He passed through Samaria.
3. He engaged in a conversation with a (Samaritan woman).
II. THE OUT OF THE ORDINARY CONVERSATON
3 non-negotiable truth for salvation:
1) Salvation comes only to those who recognize their desperate need for a spiritual life (they do not have).
2) Salvation comes to those who recognize their need then (repent) and (desire forgiveness).
3) Salvation comes to (all) who embrace Jesus as their Messiah and (sin bearer).
Next Week: Theme: Truth! Series: Promises, Promises
Title: Grace for a Hassled Heart- Ezekiel 34: 11-16