2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Q & A
TITLE: What about Anger?
Scripture: Eph. 4:26-27
I. BASIC TRUTHS ABOUT ANGER
“What makes anger so elusive and so incredibly dangerous is that it flares suddenly, powerfully, and irrationally.” (David Jeremiah)
5 stages of anger:
1. (Mild irritation)
A few observations from Eph. 4:26-27
1) Anger is a (God-given) emotion.
2) Anger is not necessarily (sinful).
3) Anger must have (safeguards).
II. BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT ANGER
When is anger justified?
1. When God’s Word and God’s will are (knowingly disobeyed) by God’s people.
2. When God’s enemies take over (jurisdiction) where they have no rights.
3. When (children) are dealt with unfairly.
When is anger wrong?
1) When it comes from (wrong motives).
2) When things don’t (go your way).
3) When we react too quickly without (investigating the facts).
Next Week: Series: “Q & A”
What about OVCF?