2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: A Grand Production
TITLE: The Unknowns
Scripture: Luke 2: 8-20; Mt. 2:1-12
I. SIMPLE MEN AND A BIG SURPRISE
Here is the key and Rome missed it: “Christmas is a powerful reminder that what is important in heaven is often unimportant on earth.”
“Sheepherding was one of those occupations that everyone needed but no one wanted.” (Jeremiah)
What can we learn from the shepherds?
1. They (heard) well.
2. They (listened) well.
3. They (worshiped) well.
II. WISE MEN AND A SMALL SURPRISE
Who were these guys?
1) The name wise men is the word magos in Greek. It typically means “those who have wisdom through investigation and interpretation of the movements of heavenly bodies.” Fancy way of saying they were (star-studiers) or (astronomers).
2) They were from the east.
3) Doubtful just three of them.
What do we know?
1. They had an earnest desire to find the (King of the Jews).
2. The prophecy of a star is found in Numbers 24:16-17
3. Their desire to follow the star let them (place they never thought possible).
4. What they found let them filled with (worship and joy).
Next Week: Series: “A Grand Production”
The C-Stars- Matthew 1: 18-25; Lk. 1:26-38