2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: Life Matters
TITLE: Time Travel
Scripture: Eccl. 3: 1-15
I. TIME HAS NO MEANING WITHOUT GOD
Solomon says it all comes down to a life of measurable chunks which he calls (matters). The NLT calls them (activities)
Keep in mind what Solomon has been teaching us in the previous two chapters: if this cursed world is all there is, then all our actions in this life are futile.
One writer calls this poem (the quiet versus the disquiet).
A couple questions to consider:
1. What is the (profit?)
2. What is the (purpose?)
II. TIME HAS MEANING WITH GOD
God’s most impeccable timing is in Gal.4:4- “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born of a woman…” (NLT)
“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.” Rom.5:6 (NLT)
What is verse 11 teaching us:
1) God has made everything (beautiful) in its time.
2) God has put (eternity) in our hearts.
3) God has not (revealed) His eternal plan.
1. Wait for God’s time.
2. Live your whole life knowing that there is a time for you to die.
3. Make good use of whatever time you have.
Theme: Life on the Edge / Series: Life Matters
Title: Pitfalls and Platforms- Eccl 4:1-16