2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: Life Matters
TITLE: Putting Worry to Bed
Scripture: Eccl.11; Mt.6:25-34
I. PUT WORRY ASIDE
What Jesus said about worry:
1. Worry keeps you from enjoying (what you have). 9v.25)
2. Worry makes us forget (our worth). (v.26)
3. Worry is (completely useless). (v.27)
4. Worry erases (the promises of God) from your mind. (Vv.30-31)
5. Worry is characteristic of (unbelievers), not followers of Jesus. (v.32)
II. ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can’t understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6-7 (NLT)
What should we not worry about?
1. The results of (giving).
2. The things you (cannot change).
3. The conditions (aren’t ideal).
4. That you don’t (and won’t) (understand everything).
5. That you will (choose wrongly).
What should we be happy about?
1) (Simple pleasures)
2) (Joy) in every day.
3) Responsibly enjoying (God’s provision).
4) (Possibilities) presented to us.
Theme: Life on the Edge / Series: Life Matters
Title: Pastor Ryan East preaching- Eccl.12:1-8