2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: Eyes Wide Open
TITLE: Eyes of Truth
Scripture: Luke. 7: 36-50
I. THE CONTRAST IN CHARACTERS
One of the best references for the beauty of the Christian faith is the (changed life).
Let’s set the stage for this story:
1. The oddity of Simon (a Pharisee) inviting Jesus to his house.
2. The oddity of the woman.
Not only is she a woman in the (wrong place), she is also the (wrong woman) in the wrong place.
II. THE CONTRAST IN RESPONSE
(Acceptance) is the fruit people taste when we show them love. It means allowing others to be who they are without (disapproving of or losing) patience with them.
Why is acceptance so valuable?
1) It allows (judgment) to rest with the Lord, not us.
2) It provides each person the (freedom to choose).
3) It helps focus on (essentials), not (incidentals).
What does Jesus’ response with the parable show?
1. It reveals Simon has one major problem: (he is blind)
2. It reveals, not the superiority of the woman to Simon, but that (like us) is a (sinner).
Two truths we must never forget:
1) (Pride paralyzes).
2) (Forgiveness frees).
Next Week: Eyes of Transformation- Luke