2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: The Servant King
TITLE: Listen First
Scripture: Mark 4:1-34
I. LISTEN FIRST
Three important thoughts at the outset:
1. Jesus taught (from a boat). (v.1)
2. Jesus taught in (parables). (v.2)
3. Jesus’ first words are important: (Listen to this!). (v.3)
A good listener allows the Word to (take root in his heart).
A good listener takes care what he/she (listens to).
A good listener (hears) the truth and (shares it).
A good listener learns to (wait dependently) on God. See I Cor. 3:6
The drawback to not listening:
1) They hear but never (hear). (10-12)
2) Their disbelief led Jesus to teach in (unexplained riddles). (33-34)
3) Missing out on (peace and calm). (35-41)
Next Week: Series: The Servant King
Title: You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet!- Mark 4:1-35-20