2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: The Servant King
TITLE: Staying in the Kitchen
Scripture: Mark 3
I. THE INEVITABILITY OF PRESSURE
The issue is not (what) Jesus did but (when) He did it.
Jesus experiences two emotions:
II. THE SAVIOR’S HANDLING OF PRESSURE
Expect to be pressured by those who (want something from you). (7-12)
1. They will (impose) on you.
2. They will seek to (hinder) you.
Expect to be pressured by those who (want to be with you). (13-19)
1. Call out the ones you want to (spend time with).
2. Recognize there will be those who will (disappoint) you.
Expect to be pressured by those who (misunderstand) you. (20-21)
1. They may try to (control) you.
2. They may try to (stop) you.
What does Jesus teach us about handling pressure?
1) Know who you are and why you are here.
2) Make time to get away.
3) Remember not all will agree with you.
Next Week: Series: The Servant King
Title: Listen First. Talk Second- Mark 4:1-34