2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: The Servant King
TITLE: Do You Hear That?
Scripture: Mark 11: 1-25
I. JESUS CALLS US TO TRUE WORSHIP
Mark spends the rest of the book recording the final week of Jesus’ life. It is called (Passion Week) and he devotes 1/3 of his book to it.
1. Psalm 118:26- (Triumphal processions)
2. Zechariah 9:9- Jesus (riding on a donkey)
Hosanna means (save now). They were not praising Jesus because He was the (Messiah).
There are still people today who follow Jesus because of (what He can do for them).
II. JESUS CALLS US TO TRUE FAITH
Why did Jesus curse the fig tree?
1. Practical meaning- It held the (promise of figs).
2. Deeper meaning- (impending judgment)
Two valuable lessons:
1. (Put your faith) in this Savior. (20-24)
2. (Be forgiving) like this Savior. (25)
Next Week: Some Gave All- Mark 12: 1-12, 28-34, 41-44