2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: Expect the Unexpected
TITLE: An Unexpected Birth
Scripture: Luke 1:22-35, 46-55
I. WHAT CAME BEFORE HIS BIRTH
When we study the Christmas story we normally (come in too late). When we come in late, we forget that Jesus had to leave (where He was) to come to (where we are).
Words of the OT:
1. Isaiah 7:14
2. Isaiah 9
4. Hosea 11:1
5. Jeremiah 31:15
6. Micah 5:2
II. WHAT CAME AFTER HIS BIRTH
Why did God choose the “Virgin Birth way?”
1) It highlights the (supernatural).
2) It shows humanity needs (saving).
3) It shows God’s display of (initiative).
4) It lays the groundwork for the belief that God is (fully human and fully divine).
What did Mary say yes to?
1. Being an (outcast for life).
2. Raising the (Son of God).
3. Lifetime of (roller coaster emotions).
4. Finding her (salvation) the same way we all do.
Next Week: Series: Expect the Unexpected
Pastor Ryan preaching