2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
Series: Against the Grain
TITLE: Here for a Reason
Scripture: Esther 4:1-14
“I am only one. But still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” Hale
I. THE STATE OF THE STATE
Story of Esther begins years earlier. Saul->David->Solomon->Rehoboam->kingdom splits (10 northern tribes/2 southern tribes->Syria overtakes northern tribes->Babylon conquers southern tribes->Medes and Persians conquer Babylon (Daniel/S,M,A/Esther)
Never (underestimate) God at work. See Isaiah 55:8-11
II. THE RESPONSE OF WISDOM
Post-modernism- (No absolute truth)
Post-truth age- Two way it is found:
1) “Soft mode”- truth exists but don’t care if gets in way of my preferences
2) “Hard mode”- don’t care if what sharing is false; share anyway.
Post-modernism says (truth is subjective) while post-truth says (truth is objective) BUT it takes a back seat to my preferences.
Some lasting lessons:
1. Learn to (wait) on the Lord.
2. God is (sovereign). His time is His time.
3. What (goes around comes around).
Next Week: Series: “Against the Grain”
Title: Hold the Line! Daniel 1