2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
Series: 8 Cures
TITLE: Easy to be Hard
Scripture: Matthew 5: 5
I. THE STRUGGLE WITH MEEKNESS
What is meekness? Building on what Jesus said previously, meekness comes out of a heart that
is poor in spirit and mourning. The dictionary defines it as (deficient in courage). That is not the
Bible’s definition. The Greek word means (mild, gentle, and soft).
A good definition is (power under control).
II. THE SIGNS OF MEEKNESS
How can I know I am practicing meekness?
1. I am not always looking out for (myself first).
2. I no longer care about (status in life).
3. I am (finished with myself).
What does “the meek will inherit the earth” mean?
1) (Contentment) comes first.
2) There is a (present and future reward).
Next Week: “8 Cures” Title: A Radical Pursuit- Mt.5: 6