2023 THEME: Victory!
Series: (Labor Day Sermon)
TITLE: It’s Off to Work I Go
Scripture: I Cor.10:31; Gen.3:1-19
I. THE HISTORY BEHIND WORK
Genesis 1 tells us the story of (creation) and Day 6 records the cream of His creation.
Chapter 2 tells us God put Adam (in charge of the Garden), made him commit to a commandment, and then created Eve as a helper.
Genesis 3 shows us the (violation) of the commandment in 2:16-17.
II. THE ATTITUDE NEEDED TOWARD WORK
Two faulty ideas:
- My (identity) is tied up in my job.
- My job is (less/more important) than yours.
Some thoughts about work:
- Faithfulness in work means approaching work as part of (God’s good creation) for us.
- Every legitimate vocation is (equally acceptable) before God.
- Faithfulness mean our work, our vocation, is to be seen as being obedient to (God’s call) on our life.
- The proper motivation for any work, for all work, is (pleasing God).
Next Week: (New series) “The God We Worship”
Title: The Search is On! Ex.2-3; Is.40:12-14, 18-23, 25-26; Job 38-41:11