TITLE: They Thirst for Knowledge
TEXT: Ps.1 (p.448); Ps.119:105; Heb.4:12 (p.1003); 2 Tim.3:16-17 (p.996)
“All Scripture is given by god and is useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives, for correcting faults, and for teaching how to live right. Using the Scriptures, the person who serves God will be capable, having all that is needed to do every good work.”
2 Tim.3:16-17 (NCV)
- GOD’S WORD IS (WATER) TO (SUSTAIN) ME
3 categories of a righteous man’s choices from Psalm 1:2
- (Walk)- implies does not “go through the motions”
- (Stand)- suggests more permanent position on path
- (Sit)- suggests full blown settling down
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jer.17:7-8
- GOD’S WORD IS A (LAMP) TO (GUIDE) ME
Turn to Matthew 5:14-16 (p.810)
- GOD’S WORD IS A (SWORD) TO (CHANGE) ME
Turn to Hebrews 4:12 (p.1003) The Word has 3 characteristics:
- It is (living).
- It is (active).
- It is (sharp).
The Word also has 2 abilities according to Heb.4;12
- It has the ability to (pierce).
- It has the ability to (judge).
NEXT: Saturday night at 5:00- Louie Giglio DVD message
Sunday morning at 9 & 10:00- Eric Carlson