SERIES: A Lifeboat
TITLE: A Secure Mind
Scripture: Romans 8: 31-39
The most dangerous philosophy today is (humanism).
I. WHAT SHALL WE THEN SAY?
What are the “these things? Paul refers to in verse 31?
1) There is now no (condemnation).
2) Discussion of (sanctification).
3) Lessons learned through (suffering).
4) The idea of God’s (providence).
II. QUESTION #1: WHO CAN OPPOSE US?
Four words: (God is for us). “The Lord is my life and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?” Ps.27:1
III. QUESTION #2: WHO SHALL ACCUSE US?
(God) is not one of our accusers: He is our (justifier).
IV. QUESTION #3: WHO SHALL CONDEMN US?
Grace nullifies (opposition); grace silences (accusations); grace overrules (condemnation).
V. QUESTION #4: WHO (WHAT) SHALL SEPARATE US?
Paul moves up ladder in intensity:
1) Tribulation- (hard circumstances)
2) Distress- situations that (confine and oppress) us.
3) Persecution- People intent on our (harm)
4) Famine- (helpless hunger)
5) Nakedness- Poverty so harsh can’t (afford clothes)
6) Danger- In danger of false (arrest), (trial), or being killed.
7) Sword- (death)
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: A Lifeboat
Title: Providence or Luck? – Romans 8:28-30