SERIES: A Lifeboat
TITLE: Providence or Luck?
Scripture: Romans 8: 28-30
I. WHAT MAKES UNDERSTANDING PROVIDENCE SO HARD?
Providence- the events of our lives are not ruled by chance or blind fate but by our loving Lord and Savior, who works out His plan and His purposes in the lives of all His children.” Swindoll
Several reasons why we have trouble with providence:
1. We have (control) issues.
2. We have (selfishness) issues.
3. We have (fear) issues.
4. We have (pride) issues.
II. WHAT ESSENTIAL TRUTH CAN HELP US UNDERSTAND?
Verse 28 broken down into 4 parts:
1) The promise is based on (fact), not (feeling).
2) The project is (God’s), not ours.
3) God’s plan is (total), not (partial).
4) God’s purpose is (good), not (evil).
All that happens in my life or yours is for His one desire for us: to be (conformed) to the (image of His Son). Jesus is the (pattern); Christlikeness is the (goal).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Heroes
Title: Cooperation without Compromise- Daniel 1