SERIES: Don’t Miss It!!
TITLE: Don’t Miss the Essential Truth
Scripture: John 1:1-14
I. THE BACKSTORY BEHIND THE TRUTH
This story is so marvelous and so miraculous in every way it could have come from (the mind of God).
The Christmas story in short: God would take on (human flesh) and invade His sin-broken world with His wisdom, power, glory, and grace. He would do that in the (person of His Son, Jesus Christ), but He would not descend to a palace. He would, instead, come to a stable. And He would come for one purpose and one purpose only: (to save us).
The word advent means (coming).
II. THE REVELATION OF THE TRUTH
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” A.W. Tozer
Turn to Isaiah 9:2, 5-7
1. If Jesus Christ is really Mighty God and Everlasting Father, you can’t just (like) Him.
2. If Jesus Christ is the Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace, you should (want) to serve Him.
Wrap up thoughts:
1) It means we are far more precious to God than we could (ever imagine).
2) It means there is far more to celebrate than (we thought).
3) It means we will (never be alone).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Don’t Miss It!!
Title: Don’t Miss the Announcement- Luke 2: 8-19