SERIES: Don’t Miss It!!
TITLE: Don’t Miss the Announcement!
Scripture: Luke 2:9-19
I. THE PROCLAMATION OF THE GOOD NEWS
Let’s take a look at the announcement:
1. It was made to (shepherds). This is so unusual because the shepherds were at the (bottom) of the food chain.
2. It was made to those (who least expected it).
3. It was laden with golden nuggets of (information). He is bringing them (Good News). The (Savior) has been born in Bethlehem.
4. The shepherds were instantly (curious and obedient).
5. They told (whoever would listen) what they had (heard, seen, and found).
II. THE PICTURE OF THE GOOD NEWS
In Luke 2 Jesus is called by three names:
1) He is called (Savior).
2) He is called (Christ). The OT counterpart of that name is (Messiah). The name means anointed One.
3) He is called (Lord). The word Lord is also the same word used for Yahweh.
In Matthew 1 Jesus is given two names:
1. He is given the name (Jesus).
2. He is given the name (Emmanuel).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Unsinkable/ Series: Don’t Miss It!!
Title: Don’t Miss the Gifts- John 3:16; Luke 1:5-14; Luke 2:14