2020 THEME: TRUTH
TITLE: Setting the Standard
Scripture: 2 Cor. 4:2; MT. 5:8; 23:25-28
I. WHAT BATTLE DO WE ALL FACE?
“What I want to do right, evil lies close at hand…Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?” Rom.7:21,24
The word renounced speaks of “a permanent, persistent, continuous, and habitual action.”
What is the issue we all struggle with? (Sanctification).
It literally means “to be set aside for a specific purpose.”
II. HOW CAN WE SET THE STANDARD FOR BATTLE?
Three uses of the word for holy: (Positional)-refers to who we are
1) Sanctify- used more than 100+ times in the OT/30+ in NT
2) Holy- Used 400+ in OT/12 in NT
3) Saint-62 times in NT
(Experiential) –this refers to the way we act
How can we define holiness in the experiential realm?
1. Loving one another as (He loved us).
2. When it is against (our best interests).
3. Sharing His love even when it is (inconvenient).
4. Finding ways to (help those in need).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Truth / Series: Faithful
Title: You Can Trust It!!- 2 Cor.4: 2b; I Cor.2:1-5