2020 THEME: TRUTH
TITLE: You Can Trust It!!
Scripture: 2 Cor. 4:2b; I Cor. 2:1-5
I. WHY CAN I TRUST THE BIBLE?
We don’t have good answers to that question:
1. We appeal to our (upbringing).
2. We appeal to our (personal transformation).
Bare bones reasons why we can trust the Bible:
1) Because of its (reliable history). 2 Peter 1:16: “For we did not follow cleverly disguised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our LJC, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.”
2) Because it was written by (eyewitnesses). I John 1:1-3
3) Because of its (verifiable claims).
4) Because of its (fulfilled prophecies).
II. WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE BIBLE?
Turn to 1 Cor.4:11-13
Turn to 2 Cor.11:24-28
“The most urgent need of the Christian Church today is true preaching; and as it is the greatest and most urgent need in the church, it is the greatest need of the world also.” Lloyd-Jones
“Our problem in this country is not a lack of Bibles; it is a lack of people who carefully handle the Word of God, both privately and publicly.”
4 ideas of what the Bible can do for us:
1. It is our source of (truth and freedom).
2. It is a guide to (His will).
3. It is our (way to grow).
4. It is a (pruning knife).
NEXT WEEK: Theme: Truth / Series: Faithful
Title: Glorify Whom?- 2 Cor.4: 6-7; I Cor.3:1-9