Email a copy of 'A Burden Worth Carrying' to a friend
2020 THEME: TRUTH
TITLE: A Burden Worth Carrying
Scripture: Colossians 2:1-7
I. THE INTENSITY OF THE BURDEN
Jesus is our example of (love for the church).
1) Acts 20:28
2) Ephesians 5: 25
Paul loved the church.
2) 2 Cor. 6:11
3) 2 Cor. 12:15
Paul’s love goes even deeper. [See 2:1] The word struggle is our word (agony).
II. THE FOCUS OF THE BURDEN
For us to grow in our faith, there must be two insights we have to acknowledge: an (increased
knowledge) of God’s Word and a (focus) upon Christ. What you think of Christ, your
perception of Him, is (everything).
What is Paul’s burden?
1. They will be (strong in heart). (v.2a)
2. They will be (united in love). (v.2b) See Ephesians 4:16
3. They will be (settled in their understanding). (v.2c)
4. They will not be (deluded). (v.4)
5. They will grow in their (walk in Christ). (6-7)
Next week: Theme: Truth!/ Series: More Than a Man (2 weeks)
Title: – Isaiah 52:13-53:12