2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Promises, Promises
TITLE: Wisdom to Find the Right Page
Scripture: Proverbs 1:1-7, 20-32
I. PAGE 1- HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PROBLEMS
Everyone is on a (path). Everyone is (going somewhere). When we feel stuck, even when we feel trapped, the truth is, we are still (in motion). Life is a (journey), and the end of it all is not just a place but also a (condition).
Some assumptions we make about problems:
1. Once you become a Christ-follower all your problems (will be solved).
2. Having problems is a sign of (spiritual immaturity).
3. More exposure to Biblical truth or teaching will (alleviate) or (remove) our problems. “It is one thing to grow old in the Lord. It’s another thing to grow up in the Lord.”
II. PAGE 2- BEING WISE ABOUT WISDOM
“The reason why we have two ears and only one mouth is that we may listen the more and talk the less.” Zeno, Greek philosopher
Common thoughts about wisdom:
1. It is (available).
2. It can be (spurned).
3. It always has (fruit).
What is wisdom and why do we need it?
1. Wisdom is (correction and understanding). (V.2)
2. Wisdom is knowing the difference between (right and wrong), good and evil. (V.3)
3. Wisdom is (discernment). (V.4)
4. Wisdom is about (obtaining guidance). (Vv.5-6)
How do we get it?
1. By reverent (trust in the Lord). (V.7)
2. By (asking). See James 1:5
Next week: Theme: Truth! Series: Promises, Promises
Title: Shelter in the Time of Storm- Isaiah 40:3-27