2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Q & A
TITLE: What about Worry?
Scripture: Luke 10:38-42; Matthew 6:23-34
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrows; it empties today of its strength.” Corrie Ten Boom
I. WHAT DOES WORRY LOOK LIKE?
Worry means “to take a thought” or “to be careful.” Gk -> (to be divided)
Worry can be seen in various ways:
1. It can be seen as (anger and impatience).
2. It can be seen as (rush and hurry).
3. It can be seen as (fear and panic).
4. It can be seen in (pessimism and criticism).
II. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WIN OVER WORRY?
What does Matthew 6: 25-34 tell us?
1. Worry is (inconsistent).
2. Worry is (irrational).
3. Worry is (ineffective) and (illogical).
4. Worry is (irreligious).
So what can we do to deal with stress?
1) Don’t dwell on tomorrow’s (stress).
2) Don’t dwell on yesterday’s (mess).
3) Don’t dwell on yesterday’s (success).
4) Do focus on (today).
Next Week: Series: “Q & A”
What about Searing Loss? Job 1:20-22; 2: 9-10; various Scripture