2020 THEME: TRUTH
SERIES: Q & A
TITLE: What about Being Blessed?
Scripture: Psalm: 103; 67
I. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO COUNT OUR BLESSINGS?
“Memory is very treacherous, by a strange perversity-it treasures up the refuse of the past and
permits priceless treasures to lie neglected.” Spurgeon
What do we know about God’s blessings?
1. His blessings are (numerous and varied).
2. His blessings are (beyond what we deserve).
3. His blessings are poured out on the (just and unjust).
4. His blessings have a (purpose).
II. WHAT ARE THE WAY WE COUNT OUR BLESSINGS?
Psalm 103: What are some of the benefits of God?
1) (Forgiveness of sins) [v.3a]
2) (Healing) [v.3b]
3) (Redemption) from the pit. [v.4]
4) He satisfies with (good things). [v.5]
Additional blessings from Psalm 103:
1. God works righteousness and justice for the oppressed. [v.6]
2. God is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. [v.8]
3. God does not always accuse us nor stay angry with us. [v.9]
4. God does not deal with us as we deserve. [v.10]
Next Week: Series: “Q & A”
What about Ingratitude? 2 Cor. 9:6-14