2021 THEME: Life on the Edge
Series: The Servant King
TITLE: What Can I Expect?
Scripture: Mark 6
I. I CAN EXPECT REJECTION
Nazareth is an obscure town consisting of between (100-500) people.
How was their rejection manifested?
1. It came out as (unbelief).
2. It came out as Jesus being (dismissed).
3. It came out at (blindness).
Jesus could do no mighty works there. Why? Not because He could not or lacked the supernatural power to perform miracles. Rather, (there was no reason to).
II. I CAN EXPECT CERTAIN REALITIES
Reality #1: We can expect to be used by Jesus (for His work).
Our ministry is a continuation of Jesus’ work here on earth.
Reality #2: Things may not (go as planned).
Following Jesus has its risk, but God will have the final word in our lives. His justice will prevail regardless of our predicament.
Reality #3: We will witness some (phenomenal events).
1. In Jesus, our deepest spiritual hunger is satisfied.
2. Old ways of thinking often cloud our vision.
3. We must present Jesus without baggage.
Next Week: Series: The Servant King
Title: The Deadly Lure of Legalism- Mark 7:1-23