2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
Series: Truth Decay
TITLE: Jesus is Still Jesus
Scripture: Mt.16: 13-17; John 1: 1-5, 14
I. WHO JESUS IS…SO THEY SAY
To a progressive, essential Christian doctrines are (always up for grab). They are open to (reinterpretation).
What are some popular ideas about Jesus?
1. An (angry social justice advocate).
2. A (model for living) rather than an (object of worship).
3. He is (not divine). He is not the same as (Christ), but even Christ is only as old as the universe. Rohr
4. See the end of this sermon for a series of questions in which I will give a brief “taste” of how modern religions see Jesus.
A short recap: Jesus is only a (created being). He died because of (his life and teachings), not for the (sin of the world).
II. WHO JESUS IS…SO THE BIBLE SAYS
A quick survey of John’s words:
1. Jesus was with God (in the beginning).
2. Jesus was (with God).
3. Jesus was (God).
Two important Scriptures to consider:
1) John 1: 4-5
2) John 8: 23-24
Next Week: Series: “Truth Decay”
Title: Sin is Still Sin- Romans 3: 1-20; Gen. 3; I Cor. 15:21-22