2022 THEME: For Such a Time. . .
TITLE: Picture of True Forgiveness
One of the hardest struggled many, if not most, followers of Christ have is the issue of (forgiveness).
I. PAUL’S PRECEDENTS
(Slavery) was a given in Roman times. It is estimated there were about (60 million) slaves who shouldered the Roman workload. They were (auctioned off). They were considered the (property) of the slave owner.
Paul’s precedents for forgiveness:
1. Jesus’ story of the (prodigal son).
2. The story of (Stephen).
3. The story of (Jesus) Himself.
II. PAUL’S PERSPECTIVE
The love Paul had for Philemon is shown:
1) Continued (prayers) for him.
2) Prayer for a (spreading faith).
3) Relishing the (friendship) they have.
Let’s take a look at forgiveness:
1. Failure to forgive (imprisons) believers in their past.
2. Failure to forgive produces (bitterness).
3. Failure to forgive gives an (open door) to the enemy.
4. Failure to forgive hinders (fellowship) with God.
Next Week: Mother’s Day
Title: Lessons Learned