Online giving to OVCF is now an option! If you’d prefer to use your bank account or debit card for giving,
you may do so at
We track e-giving for tax purposes just like we do for cash/checks received.
Your OVCF ministry staff and leaders are working together to make wise decisions for our church family as a whole. Please watch for updates on our church Facebook page, via e-mail and our website www.ovcf.org. We will do our best to keep you updated in a thoughtful & timely manner. *You may go to our FB page, Owen Valley Christian Fellowship & request to join if you are not currently part of our group.
At this time, all OVCF, Connections Women’s Ministry & youth group activities are cancelled through April 5th. We will update you when activities resume, tentatively the week of April 6th.
Until we are able to meet again in person, you’re welcome to drop of or mail in your tithes & offerings. Feel free to use these options as we still have bills to pay and missions to support. Please check with the church office to make sure we are here if you plan to come by the office.
OVCF mailing address:
338 Hwy. 43
Spencer, IN 47460
Resurrection Sunday – April 12, 2020
- Meeting at 10:00 A.M. via LiveStream, please tune in at 10:00 A.M.
- All the day’s offering will be given to Missions, unless designated
OVCF’s Response to the Coronavirus
It seems what is uppermost in most people’s minds and speech these days is the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As leaders of OVCF, we thought it wise to make our voice known and how we will respond as a church to this crisis.
How should Christ-followers respond to the Coronavirus?
Before we state our response as a church gathering to worship, we feel it is important to state how and where we stand spiritually to this crisis. Several facts are in play:
- COVID-19 did not surprise God. We believe in a sovereign, omniscient God who was not in any way surprised by this crisis. Sin has infected our world since the Garden and will continue to do so until Jesus returns. As a result there will be sickness, injury, crises, and death. God is not in heaven wringing His hands over what to do.
- Since the discovery of the virus in Wuhan, China on December 31, 2019 it has spread to become what the WHO (World Health Organization) is calling a pandemic. Just take a look around and see its impact on our schools, universities, organizations, restaurants, travel, meetings, shopping and work.
- As this is written, it is safe to assume we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of closures and mandates coming down from the government (local and federal) and the WHO.
So, what are we to do as followers of Christ? How should we respond? As leaders of OVCF, we would like to tell you our plan for moving forward.
Faith not panic.
Our mantra is “Faith not fear; praise not panic.” We have heard it stated that F.E.A.R. can stand for either Fear Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. We choose to take the latter route. Since God is in control we have nothing to fear. The Scripture is clear when it says, “Cast all your anxieties (fear) on him, because he cares for you.” I Peter 5:6 (ESV) Peter goes on to tell us to “Be sober-minded; be watchful.” We should not take this crisis lightly, nor with a cavalier attitude, but at the same time neither should we be hunkering down in fear.
Psalm 20:7 is a great verse to keep in front of you and memorize: “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.” (ESV)
What are the church’s plans as we move forward from here?
While many in our church fellowship would fall under the “mild” category for getting the virus, there are those who are in the “extreme” risk, those for whom the virus is a main concern. So we would like to outline our plan for moving forward:
- OVCF will continue to utilize the “mass” communication available to us. Email. The church’s Facebook page. Texting. Calling. Check those avenues regularly to see what is happening.
- This past Sunday (the 15th) we live streamed the service via the church’s FB page and many watched it. We will continue to improve the quality of the service. Our plan moving forward is to utilize this media. You must be a part of our FB page to view it. You can request to be a friend by going to the Owen Valley Christian Fellowship FB page and request to join/be added to our group. Any misuse of that privilege will be immediate dismissal from the group. March 22, 29 and April 5 we will be online streaming only, at 10 AM. Plan to stay home and join us virtually. You may also listen to the podcast on our website, www.ovcf.org if you do not have a Facebook account. There will be no in-person services for these weeks. We encourage you to observe communion in your home following the service.
- We have already begun the process for online giving, but until that is set up, please don’t forget the church’s ministry goes on. You may choose to deliver the check to the church office or mail it to 338 State Hwy 43, Spencer, IN. 47460. Call before you come to make sure someone is going to be here (812-828-9840).
- Call the church office if you have a need or a prayer request or any questions.
- We will be taking extra precautions for sanitation purposes at our facility. When we return to meeting in person, we will adhere to the following guidelines…
- We will clean and sanitize every surface (chair, tables, welcome center, etc) that is touched.
- We will be doing a thorough cleaning each week of the children’s classrooms and nursery.
- Instead of passing the offering baskets, we will be using baskets at both doors of the main auditorium.
- We are developing plans to change the way Communion is offered.
- We will have hand sanitizer available. We encourage you to be friendly but advise no touching.
- We may have to modify these precautions as time moves on and will inform you of those changes if needed.
- The leadership of OVCF has decided that we will not have any public services or meetings at OVCF until at least April 6th. All OVCF, Women’s ministry, youth group, small group meetings, etc. have been cancelled until further notice. Our building will not be available for use at this time. We are continuing to monitor and evaluate the situation and will keep you updated.
Please join us:
- In praying for an end to this crisis.
- In praying for our community and nation.
Please remember public safety for yourself & others:
- Be proactive: wash hands; sanitize; stay home if sick or have a fever; have a cold, sniffles or possible symptoms of the virus.
- If you are in a high risk group, consider staying home.
Let us know how we can pray for you.
The Leadership Team of OVCF
More updates to follow, including bulletin & service information
Have you volunteered at OVCF? We will celebrate with our annual Volunteer Appreciation Night at the Tivoli Theatre on (Currently rescheduled for Sunday, May 3rd). RSVP cards and more info to come. We will also accept donations for Backpack Buddies (more info below) that evening.
Visit our parent resource center in the children’s check in area! We have outfitted it with resources for you! You can check out books for ages birth-18 to better equip you to strengthen your family as you go through changes with your child each year. Please feel free to take one of the parent prayer cards to assist you in praying for specific topics, too!
RightNow Media is a FREE gift from OVCF to you. Please enjoy it and feel free to share it or invite others as well!
Get your login now: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/OVCF