TITLE: Let’s Get Personal
TEXT: Matthew 4:18-22 (p.809); Romans 11:33 (p.947)
I. WHAT IS A FOLLOWER?
Authentic Christianity is composed of (non-negotiated) followers who are moving toward Christ and who understand that (all of life) encompasses what we call being a Christ-follower.
What is a follower?
- A follower is one who has a (growing and deepening) relationship to the one he was following.
- A true follower is in the process of (radical reformation) because of the influence of the leader on his life.
A follower develops an intimacy with the one they are following.
- That implies a (relationship) with that person,
- Implies the student (gets to know) the teacher.
Psalm 42:1-2 (p.469) Psalm 63:1 (p.479)
II. HOW CAN I BE A FOLLOWER?
[Romans 11:33] How can I experience what Paul is talking about?
- Open the door (of your heart).
- (Pursue Him)
- Put Him in His Place. Chuck Swindoll calls this (Reordering Your Life).
- Be where He is. Requires two things: (Solitude) and (Silence).
- (Surrender). Phil.3:7-11 (p.981)
“”Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” Heb.12:1
6. See Him in his (people).
NEXT: Series: Transformed by His Presence
Sermon: Open and Shut Case- Rom.14:13-19