TITLE: They Reflect God’s Spirit
TEXT: John 15:1-5 (p.901); Gal.5:22-23 (p.975); Eph.5:18 (p.978)
When an idea enters our head, it’s called information.
When it touches our heart, it’s called inspiration.
But when it bleeds out our toes and fingernails, it’s called incarnation.
I. (FILLED) AND (EMPOWERED) BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is a divine (pledge) and (guarantee) given to everyone who acknowledges Christ as their Savior.
II. (SENSITIVE) TO THE (LEADING) OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Turn to John 15:1-5 (p.901)
III. (PRODUCING) THE (FRUIT) OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Focus on Galatians 5:22-23 (p.975)
1. (Love)- supreme virtue of the Christian life.
2. (Joy)- more than happiness
3. (Peace)- refers to peace of mind
4. (Patience)- longsuffering and tolerance
5. (Kindness)- tender concern for others
6. (Goodness)- moral and spiritual excellence
7. (Faithfulness)- loyalty and trustworthiness
8. (Gentleness)- meekness
9. (Self-control)- restraining passions and appetites
“For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:8
NEXT: Series: Come to the Feast!
Sermon: Don’t Miss the Feast! Selected Scripture