TITLE: Love’s Priority
TEXT: I Corinthians 13: 1-3 (p.959)
I. UNRAVELING LOVE’S DEFINITION
Four different ways Greeks defined what we call “love.”
- Eros- (sexual) love
- Storge- (family)
- Philos- (friendship) love
- Agape- (unconditional) love
Eros- “I love you (if)”
Storge- gives a sense of (belonging)
Philos- “I love you (because)”
Agape- “I love you (in spite of)”
II. UNRAVELING LOVE’S PLACE
Some important truths to remember:
- Remember that you are (sinful and selfish) and bring that to table of any discussion.
- Realize your sinful and selfish nature needs to be (controlled).
- Remember feelings can be (deceptive).
Three principles we want to see in I Corinthians 13:
- Without love our personal communication is (ineffective).
- Without love our spiritual understanding is (incomplete).
- Without love our sacrificial giving is (insufficient).
NEXT: Series: Transformed by Love
Sermon: Love’s Profile- Part One- I Corinthians 13: 4-5