SERIES: Transformed By Passion
TITLE: Come Clean!
TEXT: 2 Samuel 12 (p.263); Psalm 51 (p.474)
I. DAVID’S SECRET EXPOSED
2 Samuel 12
II. DAVID’S REPENTANCE REVEALED
“This kind of prayer requires a certain kind of God. No man will go to God just because he knows how poor he is in sin, unless he knows how rich God is in mercy.” David Redding
How do you begin a conversation with a God whom you have wronged?
1. He begins with a (statement of faith) about the One from whom he is seeking the cleansing. David reminded himself of God’s character: (steadfast love) and (abundant mercy).
• David not only realized his (guilt), he also realized his sin was directed against (God).
2. David asked for (personal cleansing).
• “For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.” Ps.32:3-4
3. David rededicated himself to the (service of God).
• Micah 6:6-8 (p.779)
“God is looking for the heart that knows how little it deserves, how much it owes.” Derek Kidner
NEXT WEEK: Fallout- 2 Sam.12:15-23; 15; 16:22; 18:14b