TITLE: They Have a Heart for Seekers
TEXT: Luke 15 (p.874); 19:1-10 (p.878)
“God is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter3:9
- THEY “SEE” THEMSELVES
Turn to Eph.5:27. 3 lessons from this verse:
- The purpose of Christ’s love is to call forth (beauty).
- The product of Christ’s love is to be (holy and blameless).
- The process by which He accomplishes that is by (His love) for the church.
It is all about (credibility). We must (BE) good news before we can share good news.
“And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect.” Ezek.16:14 (NIV)
- THEY “SEE” OTHERS
Point to ponder: We must (really matter) to God.
Three common threads run through Luke 15 parables;
1) Something of (great value) was missing.
2) That which was missing was (important enough) to warrant an all-out search.
3) (Retrievals) result in (rejoicing).
- THEY “SEE” THEIR MISSION
“I have not come to call the righteous but the sinners to repentance.” Mk.2:27
“The church is a hospital for sinners, not a rest home for saints.”
NEXT: They Live Godly Lives- Eph.4:25-5:4